Pizza Day #6: BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups (8 oz) low-moisture mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (chop into small pieces)
- 1/3 of a medium red onion, sliced thin and run under cool water to remove harsh bite
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped or torn
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush both sides of chicken lightly with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, rotating once halfway through cooking, and brushing with 3 Tbsp of the barbecue sauce during last 1 – 2 minutes of grilling. Remove from grill and set aside to cool 5 minutes.
- Spread pizza dough out on a floured sheet of parchment paper over a pizza tray to a 12-inch round (if you prefer a crisp crust, preheat a pizza stone in oven and transfer pizza on parchment using a pizza peel to preheated stone). In a mixing bowl whisk together remaining olive oil and garlic. Brush entire surface of dough with olive oil mixture and let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into cubes. Brush dough with remaining barbecue sauce (1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp). Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella then top with chicken, pineapple, bacon and red onion. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and season with freshly ground black pepper. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden, about 11 – 13 minutes. Slice and serve warm topped with cilantro.